- 2 teaspoons Matcha (we recommend our Kōyō Matcha)
- 200g self raising flour
- 100ml milk (we recommend oat milk, but any will work)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 25g butter, melted plus extra for frying
To serve [optional]
- 1 green apple or pear, sliced
- Few mint leaves
- 4 tbsp lime marmalade or lime curd, warmed
- 4 tablespoons natural yoghurt
How to make it
STEP 1: Blend, blend, blend!
Put the matcha powder and milk into a blender and whizz up until smooth. Pour it into a bowl with the rest of the pancake ingredients and whisk until the mixture is lump-free.
STEP 2: Fry the green dough.
Melt a small knob of butter in a large non-stick pan then start frying the pancakes making each one from approx. 2 tablespoons batter. Cook them for 2-3 mins then flip over and cook for another minute on the reverse. You will need to do this in 3 or 4 batches depending on the size of your frying pan.
STEP 3: Top off the pancakes!
Serve the pancakes stacked up with plenty of fruit and a drizzle of warm lime curd or marmalade if you like.